A good upgrade with this pair of entry level wheels for your road or cyclo bike. The already best-in-class Racing 5 wheelset goes from high to higher performance thanks to its new design. The same qualities that have made the RACING 5 such a popular wheelset in the past combine new elements in order to make an affordable but also race ready wheel.
The new 20 spoke design in addition to the asymmetric rear rim profile offers remarkable performance increases in terms of both increased lateral and torsional rigidity as well as increased reactivity.
The new design allows for more homogenous spoke tensions and makes for a sturdier, higher performing wheelset that weighs in at over 100 grams less than its previous version.
The new rim is wider than before, 17C.
- Oversized hubs with flanges for blade hammer-head spokes and sealed high-quality bearings ensure smoothness.
- The rear wheel incorporates a new single-piece body which embodies the freewheel body and pawl carrier in a single component resulting in a considerable weight reduction.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheeldouble the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 18 radial aero spokes on front wheel 20 on rear.
- The wheels have two oversized spokes to balance the concentration of the rim joint material during wheel rotation, Fulcrum call this Dynamic Balance.
- The Racing 5’s also have a deep upper bridge on the rim to facilitate clincher tyre fitting.
- Racing 5 wheels are compatible with Campagnolo® Shimano and SRAM drivetrains.
- Weight: 1658 gr
- F.I.C. (Fulcrum Identification Card) 100% HANDMADE QUALITY