Κανένα προϊόν στο καλάθι σας.
The Pass Hunter frame is designed for spirited riding on pavement, gravel, or smooth dirt roads. It’s like a randonneuse, but with cantilever brakes. The canti brakes allow for wider tires with fenders and more powerful braking. The Pass Hunter is built using slightly lighter tubing than the Polyvalent or Campeur.
The Pass humter has mid-trail geometry and shorter chainstays than our other frames for stable, yet sporty, handling. In addition to randonneuring and pass hunting, the Pass Hunter would make a nice sportiff or a fast credit card tourer.
The term «pass hunter» refers to the sport of riding over mountain passes, more popular in France and Japan than in the US. Rules are explained on this page.
The Pass Hunter’s particulars are:
- 4130 double butted chrome-moly frame and fork.
- 1-1/8″ threadless fork with lovely French-style bend.
- 700c wheel size.
- 130mm rear spacing.
- Clearance for 35mm tires with fenders, 38mm without.
- Canti brake bosses.
- Seatstay cable stop with adjuster.
- Vertical dropouts.
- Fender bosses under fork crown, at seat stay bridge, and at chainstay bridge for easy fender mounting.
- Two water bottle cage mounts.
- Single eyelets at front and rear dropouts.
- Internal seat stay eyelets
- Pump peg (on size 57-61cm).
- Seat tube decal over clear coat.
- Metal head badge.
Includes frame and fork. Headset not included.
There is a great review of the Pass Hunter in the May 2014 issue of Bicycle Times magazine. A few quotes can be found here.
Check out photos of builds here.
|Frame Size (cm)||51||53||55||57||59||61|
|Stand-over Height(mm), 32mm tires||760||779||801||817||835||854|
|Seat Tube (mm)||510||530||550||570||590||610|
|Top Tube (mm)||530||540||550||570||590||600|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||71||71||73||73||73||73|
|Head Tube Length (mm)||85||104||114||134||151||174|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||72.5||72.5||73.5||72.5||72||72|
|Chain Stays (mm)||435||435||435||435||435||435|
|Fork Offset (mm)||60||60||48||48||48||48|
|BB Drop (mm)||75||75||75||75||75||75|
|Trail (mm), 32mm tires||56||56||56||56||56||56|
51, 53, 55, 57, 59, 61, 63