No products in the cart.
Velo Orange Campeur Frameset
“…were I forced to limit myself to a single bike, this may well be the leading candidate.” Adventure Cyclist (July 2013 review)
The Campeur, as the name suggests, is a touring frame for paved, or unpaved, roads. It can carry a substantial load for long unsupported trips, yet handles beautifully even with no load. In fact it makes a nice gravel racer.
Here are some of the highlights and specs:
- 4130 double butted chrome-moly frame and fork.
- 1″ fork with lovely French-style bend. Uses a traditional quill stem (or adapter and threadless-style stem)
- 700c wheel size for 51cm-63cm sizes. 26″ wheel size for 47cm and 49cm.
- 135mm rear spacing.
- Clearance for 38mm tires with fenders.
- Canti brake bosses. Seatstay cable stop with adjuster.
- Vertical dropouts with double eyelets front and rear.
- Fender bosses under fork crown, at seat stay bridge, and at chainstay bridge for easy fender mounting.
- Three water bottle cage mounts.
- Lowrider through bosses and seatstay rack eyelets.
- Pump peg (on size 57-63cm). Rear dropouts on 51-55cm are designed slightly differently, but still have 2 eyelets.
- Kickstand plate, because touring bikes should stand up.
- Metal head badge.
A nice “after 1500 miles” customer review can be found here.
A review of the Campeur by Adventure Cyclist magazine can be found here.
Includes frame and 1″ threaded fork. Headset not included.
Here is what you, or your mechanic, need to know when building up the frame: The headset is 1″ threaded (ISO), canti brakes, BB is standard ISO (or British) with a spindle length to match your choice of crank, 27.2mm seat post, it takes a 28.6mm clamp size front derailleur, 135mm rear spacing, 50-52mm fenders with 35-38mm tires.
|Frame Size (cm)||47||49||51||53||55||57||59||61||63|
|Stand-over Height(mm), 38mm tires||731||748||760||779||798||817||836||855||874|
|Top Tube (mm)||520||530||530||540||550||570||590||600||620|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||72.5||72.5||71||71||72.5||72.5||72.5||72.5||72.5|
|Head Tube Length (mm)||85||102||85||105||116||136||156||176||196|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||74||74||72.5||72.5||72.5||72.5||72.5||72.5||72.5|
|Chain Stays (mm)||430||430||460||460||460||460||460||460||460|
|Fork Offset (mm)||43||43||62||62||53||53||53||53||53|
|BB Drop (mm)||50||50||82||82||82||82||82||82||82|
47, 49, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59, 61, 63